Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lizardspit and Musicals

Byetta. Lizardspit. Gillie. Lizzie.

All names for a new (well new for me) drug. It comes from the saliva of the Gila Monster.

I know ... sounds real appealing, right?

Even more appealing ... I have to inject it.

OH BOY !!!

The results: a thinner more beautiful ME ... well, I am supposed to lose weight. AND, my blood sugar will drop.

I've injected myself 2 times already, Maria injected me the first time.

Picture it: We're standing in the kitchen (the Byetta needs to be chilled), and I have my shirt up and my pants down so she can stab me in the stomach with the needle. She aims turns her head and FIRES !!! Ummmm ... I backed away from her. She isn't doing this without looking !!!

So I sit down, and she injects it. It wasn't so bad. The needles are soooo small. I also have this spot above where I had my c-section that is totally numb, so I had her do it there.

My First Time: Imagine I'm all primed and ready to give myself a shot. I work up to in, go in for the kill ... and stop. So I think about the benefits and try again. And again. And again. I finally did it, I don't know how, but I did. It really wasn't that bad.

I'm still kind of apprehensive about the needle thing, but at least I know it doesn't hurt.

I know this is more experimental for me. I figure, if this works, I won't have to advance on to insulin just yet. I'm not fooling myself, insulin is in my future (unless I get the WLS), and this will give me practice to inject myself as well. So I might as well get used to it. I do prick my finger. In fact, that hurts worse than the injections.

**********************************

My daughter, L and her friend, R hang out ALL the time. They are BBF.

Friday, late afternoon, R called and asked if L wanted to audition for a play/musical. I'm not too sure if L was very excited about it at all. But R is her best friend, and she wanted to support her friend. Oh yeah, we had to leave in about an hour for auditions. R had tried out the night before, but came with us anyways.

I'm glad she did. On the way to auditions, R was coaching her. She gave her pretty sage advice, I was really impressed. R really knows what she's doing. Its a dream of hers to act one day. She can do different accents, identify an accent as well, and she knows how to impress the director. I didn't know all this about her.

When we get to the dank, musky Masonic Temple, where the picture of the "Worshipful Master" was dutifully hanging in the foyer (where does that word come from?), we were ushered in and given the script book, the tryout sheets and the list of characters available.

They went over a few songs that were going to be sung for the auditions, prepared everyone for the auditions, and went on their merry way. At first L was talking with R, not paying attention to the auditions. Then she watched one, and realized that this wasn't going to be easy. So she started reading along with the script, and practicing to herself.

Her turn came. She was to read the script first, and then sing one of the practiced songs. She stood up in front of everyone, made eye contact, projected her voice and done her Momma proud. She did awesome, with the script and the song.

She went to sit down, and the director came over and stood L and R up to see who was taller and made them resing a song. I think he's very interested in having both of them in the play.

HOW COOL IS THAT !!!

Okay ... for me, its cool.

I'm proud.

I soooo want her to get the part !!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, uh... what's 'BBF'?? I thought it was 'BFF'...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home