Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas ...

One of my bloggy friends dad was cutting down a tree and it bucked back on him. He was airlifted to the trauma hospital in his state. It turns out, he is now paralyzed from his waist down.

One of my dearest friends was in a car accident last night. Although, her car was totalled, no one in her family needed to go to the hospital. However her and her family are very shaken.

Another one of my dearest friends is having a very difficult time with her son and keeping him under control. She is just broken hearted that her son is being as mean and difficult as he is. She says he has just ruined the happiness in her home and it has ruined Christmas.

Nick and Annie will be spending their last Christmas here before they move to Germany the first of the year. We are armed with many DVDs and CD's of videos of the babies. We watched a few of them last night, and they're just too darn cute. And VERY well behaved. Baby A will be three on May 1st. She never went through the terrible twos, a wonderful child.

I was feeling really bad that, although my Mom is in my life now, that we will not be spending Christmas together. But I have it good. I have my Mom, I have my Dad, my family are all happy and healthy. I feel really bad that my Mom is going to be by herself on Christmas, but she has been for the last 8 years. I was just hoping that this year would be different for her.

My daughter will be cooking Christmas dinner tomorrow night. Her and I are going to be creating new Christmas traditions as she finds out what dishes of hers are loved by all. I will make my traditional dishes ... you know the ones ... Christmas won't be the same without them. I am also going to make a couple different pies as well. But as for the bulk of the dinner, that will be up to my daughter. I think we'll have a fun time in the kitchen together.

My family and friends who read this blog ... I love you all. I hope you all have a great Christmas. To all my regular lurkers, I hope you and yours have a memorable Christmas as well.

It is now Christmas Eve, and I can say with all certainty that I am completely ready for Christmas tomorrow. I got off cheap this year !!!

Merry Christmas all ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home