Friday, November 17, 2006

One Track Mind

I know I have been neglecting my posting, but I don't think everyone wants to hear me talk endlessly about my Mom. I don't really have anything else to talk about. I talk with her everyday, and I'm finding out everyday how much more she means to me. She is simply an amazing person.

Five more days, and I leave the peninsula and start the trek to see my Mom. I think I would be more nervous if I didn't talk to my Mom every morning and every evening, and we email each other a few times each day. I am really getting to know her pretty well. I am nervous, but I think I'm going to be more at ease when I see her. I think after a while we'll be like old friends because that's how we are on the phone already.

I wish I could express the feelings of closeness that I have for her. I love listening to her talk. With most people, I'm the talker, and I don't let anyone talk. I hate that about myself, and I wish I were different, but that's what I do. With my Mom, I let her dominate the conversation. She's such an interesting person.

So, in five days I meet her. Remember when you were a kid, and you're sitting in school watching the clock and each minute seemed like ten??? Well, each day seems like a week for me. This can't come soon enough for me, I think for her too.

When we first started talking, we thought Thanksgiving was a good time line for meeting. I didn't think we would really talk much before that time. Since we have talked quite a bit, I think we were actually ready by mid October. So its really seemed like a long time. My Mom, my Trip ... the only things on my mind lately. I just can't wait to be in the same room with her.

Enough rambling ... take care all :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home