Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mish Mash

Wow ... I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted. I'm sorry I haven't updated. A few people have asked what my last post meant. My bmother asked to not be contacted for a certain amount of time. I felt she was saying goodbye without having to say it. It kinda stung a bit.

However, she called me today and things are back on track. I have a feeling this is going to be a rollercoaster ride. So I'm strapping in and going to take what I can get out it. I hope I can be a good daughter to her.

No news on the WLS front. So there is no update there.

About two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were taking a walk. We always walk at night, and I live on a poorly lit street with no sidewalks. We were walking down the middle of the road when I tripped on the edge of a drainage pipe hole. I went down hard ... right on my knee. I thought I was going to pass out from the pain.

Well, I didn't go to the doctor for a week. He said I broke my knee cap cuz he could move the top of it independently from the bottom. Well, xrays proved him wrong. In fact all the xrays showed besides some slight arthritis was healthy strong bones. I went home that night and stupid me, turned and strained my knee pretty good. That hurt soooo bad. So I called the doctor first thing in the morning, and he referred me to an orthopedic doctor and I took a full series of knee xrays. So the new dr said that my knee cap is severely bruised and he thinks I have many micro fractures as well. He ordered an MRI because I have pain behind my knee cap as well. I won't get those results until at least Monday.

In the meantime, between the two doctors I was given vic0d in and per c0cet. I took them last week, but stopped on Monday. I was feeling a bit loopy all the time, and not wanting to crawl out of the chair I had been sleeping in.

I was sleeping in a chair because for five days, I was taking care of my mother in law. My girlfriend went down to San Diego to visit her sisters and father, so I had the honor of gritting my teeth. I should've gone to the ER a few times to get my tongue sewn back on ... I bit it quite a few times. Staying loopy during my stay there really helped me stay mellow and not blow my top.

My MIL is a nice person, but our personalities clash when we spend too much time together, and it is HER place and she really doesn't like people to invade it. I tried my best to respect that, but sometimes it was difficult.

I have a stat counter on my blog and it tells me where people are visiting from. I had a hit from off the coast of Africa last week. I have a gal from Australia that pops up every once in a while. I have a friend from Nova Scotia that comes here and people up and down the east and west coast. And a couple in Texas as well (one of them was my Dad). Anyways ... I'd like to hear from these people I don't know that are visiting. Please leave a note and tell me a tiny bit about yourself. Its nice to see where the people are from who are reading this.

Well, its late for me ... I get up early in the mornings. Take care all ...

I'll really try to post more often.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessie200 said...

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear about your knee, that must be so painful!

I am pleased to hear that your Mum made contact again, that's good news for you.

Remember she is also trying to be the best mother she can be right now and that is obviously troubling her somewhat (based on her little break from contact).

Thanks for visiting my blog, I am very bad, I never update mine, I prefer to read everyone elses! It's funny, I only read blogs from the US and Canada, none from Australia!

Jessica

Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home