Thursday, February 01, 2007

I have been trying to start posts for the past couple days now. Every time I start, something pulls me away and I don't get to finish it. I think its a conspiracy.

I feel like an author whose had a book revue. People really liked my last post. Someone even took an excerpt and posted it on her blog. I really like this person. I know, I haven't met her, but I feel like I know a lot about her. She is smart beyond her years, she has a wonderful sense of humor, and a great mother. She's learned a few very important lessons in life recently. She's learned that she's human, that not everything works out the way we want it to, and she can persevere. She's a lot stronger than she gives herself credit for, as her world is falling apart around her, she manages to keep her family together. Kudos Tracee ... thumbs up to you.

Tig ... You and your family are in my thoughts. Her father passed on last night. So she's going through a rough time too.

Hey Sis ... didn't think I'd mention you??? Tonight, hell or high water ... 5 pm. I'll be there with bells on. You know I love you :-) I bet I'll be there, and something will keep you from being there. Another conspiracy.

My Mom ... what can I say about her? She just got out of the hospital last week. She was in for about 3 days, came home, same day went back in. They diagnosed her with congestive heart failure. My Mom seems to go with the punches. Someone tells her something like that, she just goes on with her daily life. She doesn't let it get her down.

She likes the gorilla Koko. She's been following whats been going on with him for years. His trainers, his kitties, everything. She can tell you anything you want to know about him.

I feel my Mom's presence in me. I feel a calm that I never felt before with her. Balanced. That's what I feel. At peace. The feelings that were created when I met her, are what I've been searching for my entire life.

She's at a place in her life right now that is the best she's ever been in too. Its not from me, however, she does derive joy from me. The last eight years of her life, she has reinvented herself. It wasn't easy for her to do, she's dealing with a lot of issues.

The man she was with for 35 years, who fathered three of her children, was not a nice man. He spent seven years in prison and is now registered as a child molester.

She met this man in a psychiatric institution where they were patients. Her sadistic doctor believed that every one of his patients needed Electric Shock Therapy every other day. So my Mom had it every other day for about 2 years. That time period is very sketchy for her. The shock treatments made her mind mushy, and I believe she still has residual effects from it.

I think with everything she has gone through in life, she's an unbelievably strong person. She doesn't think so, but I do. She's just an amazing person ... and she's MY Mom, you can't have her. Mine, mine ALL mine !!!

I love you Mom ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home