Friday, January 26, 2007

Ramblings ...

People who know me well, know that I am a rambler. I have a lot on my mind right now, and I'm going to ramble.

First of all, I want to get this off of my chest. Bush wants us to do what? Wait to see how this plan works out?? Is that what he wants??? EXCUUUUUUSSSSEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! Mr. Bush ... ummmm, NONE OF YOUR PLANS HAVE WORKED YET !!! DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THIS ONE WILL????

Okay ... thank you for that. A-hem ... I feel MUCH better.

N is going to Iraq. I believe I've already talked about it. We'll just pretend I did, so I can get on with my point. Why do we want to risk Nick's life for YOUR STUPID PLAN !!! We already lost one child, do we need to lose another??? For what??? A place that has been in civil unrest since the beginning of time ~!!! Every. One. Knows. That. This. Will. NOT. Solve. Their. Issues !!! Even IF the PLAN succeds!!!


Okay ... next soapbox.

Why is it when you perform a service, that people want a discount ~~!!! Why is it that just because you're not carrying out a shopping bag, that you don't need you to pay your fee??? ... We drive used cars. We don't have new cars. We have people that drive up in Lexus' and Escalades, and want the sign up fee waived, or a break in their membership. Excuse me, I went to school to give you the knowledge that you're paying me to give you. I will spend 3 hours with you, training you and I want to do that for what??? Maybe I want to drive a Lexus just like yours. I can't do that unless I give you this service, AND you pay me for it. No we're not being JERKS, we're trying to make a living just like you. SO. GET. OVER. IT!!!

Okay ... done with soapbox stuff ... now just more ramblings.

My Daughter. Wow. What can I say about her. I used to call her my wild child. She was beyond control, purposely defying everything I said. Terrible and loud temper tantrums. She was a difficult child.

That child left a while back. A new model arrived about a year ago. This new model does her chores on her own, I rarely have to tell her to do them. She is homeschooled this year. I'm not home in the mornings, but I help her in the afternoons. I'm always a phone call away, and she utilizes that option often. PLUS, she can always come into work with me. She loves it there, she gets her PE credit as well. However, the new model likes to stay home and work on her homework. Guess what? She does. And Very Well. She is getting grades that range from 80 to 100%. :::DISCLAIMER::: We just changed programs very recently, so only about 20 assignments have been done so far::: But its quality work. She is understanding her math, and that has always been so hard for her. Now she's enjoying doing it. Well, maybe not, cuz she says she HATES school ... but I can tell it doesn't bother her to do it. Even the old homeschool, the new model did well. I told her that she needed to get 80% and above, and she did.

Okay ... Sooooooooooooooo

She is such a responsible new model, I'm in awe of her. She's smart, witty, has a wonderful personality. I'm having a good time watching her blossom.

She's going to turn 13 on March 1. THIRTEEN !!! Okay, first off, I'm not even old enough to have a child that old. She's been wanting to spread her wings for so long. This is kind of like a milestone birthdays, where the new model has disappeared and a TEEN appears. The TEEN model wants more privileges. The TEEN model wants to hang out in town with her friends. The TEEN model wants to wear make-up in public. The TEEN model wants black hair. Okay ... the new model wanted it. And for Christmas, she got it. BLACK HAIR, PEOPLE !!!

I've decided I needed to choose my battles. World War III might be in the works, but it won't start in my house. I have decided its easier to NOT argue or fight about everything. And it works for me. My sanity depends on it.

So I've gone from child, to new model, and I'm approaching TEEN. I'm kind of scared. TEEN has always been more feared than the terrible twos.

My Daughter. I told you I'm in awe of her ... well I am. Her best-friend since kindergarten, R, tried out for a play. Annie Get Your Gun. R likes acting, wants to persue it. She tried out for the play, and she talked L, my daughter, into trying out. She told me she would do it for moral support. So they both tried out. On Tuesday, we got the call, L had made it. She called R and she made the play too. Wednesday would be the first day of rehearsal. So we went in with bells on. L understood she got a part in the play. We went in the Buffalo Lodge* (not real name of lodge) where the rehearsals are being held and had a seat. The director called off who got what part, everyone dutifully stood up. When it came to L and the part she supposedly got, the director called another girls name. I was shocked. I was ready to grab my kid and get outta there. Turns out L, is in the chorus.

My Daughter. I told you I'm in awe of her ... well I am. I was disappointed. I was crushed. I would've been a big baby about it. L wasn't upset at all. She was happy she was in the play at all. There was no hurt, or disappointment. She was excited. Then they measured her for her costume ... she was on cloud 9. Love that girl. Excuse me, Young Lady.



*The Buffalo Lodge: A Lodge that has been in existence since the beginning of time in 1927. It smells like that too. I was talking to someone who went in there as a child and is now 54. She asked if it was still a rank musky smell. YUP ... migraine bad.

Its a MENS club. There was a picture of the Grand Poo-Bah and his cohorts the Worthy Somethings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you on this one!
My son has been to the Middle East and back. I will keep N in my thoughts.
What a f/u mess we've caused over there.
We need to take our country back - and get Dubya out of there! I have absolutely NO faith or respect for the man at all. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

Teens? BTDT. Your baby sounds like she's doing great! It's amazing how they just turn that corner sometimes. My oldest daughter had a tough time - now, she's the pillar of strength & grace. Then my 16 yr old - she's an old soul with wisdom that many adults don't have. Kids are amazing ~

XXOO
H.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home