Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhogs Day ...

Its very nice that we will have an early spring. I don't think my hands can handle the cold much longer. I wish it would start today.

I am in prison today ... I'm at work. I'm a homebody. I would be happy just holed up in my house and never leaving. Well, maybe sometimes. But I like to be at home. For the most part, its a very fun job. I actually love my job, it just takes me away from home.

I figure a person's body composition, train them on the machines - how to use them and safety - then create a work out for them. It usually takes anywhere from 2 to 3 hours for the first day. I will then set up a few more appointments to make sure they can read the workout I've designed for them, and they remember how to use the machines effeciently. A lot of places send you out on your own after showing you a few machines. I will give advice, structure and help with the everyday discipline it takes to commit to a workout. I will help you a little bit with nutrition and whats best to eat before and after a workout. I'm not a nutrionalist, so I can't give you a menu or a diet, just a bit of advice. The first day takes two hours if you let me do all the talking (and I will talk your ear off with information), or three hours if you talk a lot. I will feed you with so much information, you might forget about 1/2 of it.

I think all of that is worth something. My members pay a membership fee and if you're new, a sign up fee. Most think that we're trying to rip them off with a having a sign up fee. Ours is much less than most places, and we do twice, three times as much as a big gym to get you going. If you want personal attention, you will have to pay for it. That's what the sign up fee is for. We will be here for questions afterwards ... AND, if later you need more instruction, we will do that free of charge.

I don't think our rates are outrageous ... far from it. The start up costs are what gets people. After that, its not all that much. I know I've already talked about these people that want breaks. I think we give breaks in our pricing. Maybe we should raise the price of everything, so when you ask for a bargain, we'll give you what we're charging now.

I said I love my job. I do. I just don't like the snobs who think they deserve special priviledges. I guess every job can't be perfect. Well, mine is as close to perfect as it gets.

Okay ... my mind went blank. Oh ... I know what to talk about.

I have been driving for twenty something years ... about a quarter of a century actually. That's a long time. I have never had a ticket or an accident. Well, my luck ran out Jan 4. I was stupid and ran a red light. Let me set the stage here. If you go down this street in anytown USA, there are about 6 or 7 street lights along about a 15 block distance. There are signs that say if you travel at 20 mph, you will hit all green lights. So that's what everyone does. Well, I got to the last street light and it was green, then yellow as I got closer, and as soon as I got there, it was red. I went anyway. I know, real stupid. I don't know why I did it. I never do anything like that. So when the cop pulled me over, I didn't ask what he was pulling me over for, I knew.

Anyway, he didn't put the amount on the ticket which meant I had to go to court. I did. Two nights ago ... they have night court !!! Sorry, Bull and Selma weren't there. I got the ticket reduced ... AND ... if I don't get another ticket in 6 months, that ticket will be wiped off my record and I will have a clean record once again.

So ... the lesson for today is ... if the light is yellow, slow down and stop. It doesn't do any good not to.

I have a new member who just got here. I have to go walk her through the machines. Take care people, and have a Happy Groundhogs Day !!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

I have never gotten a ticket (knock on wood) the only time I got pulled over, my son asked the police officer if he was going to shot me,and the cop felt so bad he didn't give me a ticket!

Sunday, February 04, 2007 1:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky!

Monday, February 05, 2007 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great that you love what you do - that is awesome!
I hope your right about the Groundhog. I've got SAD very badly these days. I'd do anything for some sun on my face!

I never had a ticket until I moved to here. I drove in a crazy ass city for 24 years, then in the last 3 years up here - I've had 2 speeding tickets and 1 warning.
But then again, the cops here like to taser mentally handicapped folks to death too......hopefully I won't get zapped for my lead foot.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home