Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Annie GOT her gun ... and MORE

For a couple weeks before the play, I kept thinking that everyone was going to forget their lines and it was going to be a disaster. Some never got their part down ... just one scene and it was a group working together. It didn't ruin the show though ... not in the least. The show was a HUGE success, sold out all six nights that it showed. The audience was interactive which made the show even better. I ended up being the sound tech and that was challenging to hit my mark each time, but it was fun ... and yes, I hit my mark well.

L was fantastic with everything she did with the play. She was a hit with everyone, they just loved her. She has been such a good kid lately. That scary teen has disappeared for a time and this new kid has emerged ... more on that later.

I have some pictures of her and the show, and I'll post them soon. There is this scene in the play, the ballroom. She is at the end of this line of three people. She comes out slowly, and as she came out on stage, I saw her in this ball gown. It was so beautiful on her, she had long white gloves on as well. The first time (and the next few times following) as she came out on stage, tears rolled down my face, my baby was just beautiful !!!

Between practices and the play, the last few weeks have been busy. On Friday, we drove the LOOONNNNGGGG drive to Southern Oregon to a small town a few miles north of the California border. We could almost spit in California and still be in Oregon, we were that close. That's where my birthmother lives. L and I went and got back early this morning.

The drive is enough to kill me. I live at sea level and she's at 1635 ft above, so the elevation gets to me too. It throws my whole system out of whack and I felt yucky the whole time I was there. However, I tried really hard not to let it keep me down. We went for walks, went swimming and worked out at the local Y, we went shopping a couple times ... and we went to the neighborhood skate park.

I have to say, my daughter has to be the most boy crazy child in the world. Ummmm ... young lady. She has no shame in announcing it to whoever would listen, and telling Grandma was no different. This is the first time L met her Grandma, and they just fell in love with each other. L thinks she has a very cool Grandma. I will post pics of them soon.

L was perfect the whole weekend. Not only was she helpful with EVERYTHING she was asked to do ... but there was NEVER a word of complaint, no "awwwww, do I have to?" or anything like that. She was awesome. No whining or sassiness or anything.

I am leery that my teenager will come back. In fact, its in her nature. However, she's still this nice, kind chi ... young lady, and I'll take it as I can get it. She is more mature than her 13 years. I am so proud of her.

We got back early this morning, and I had to work early this morning. I was dead tired all day at work. I came home and took a nap. I'm still trying to shake this headache-lightheadedness that I feel. I don't feel quite myself yet. I'm hoping by tomorrow or the next day I will.

Its my bedtime ... I'll come back on Saturday and load up those pics from the play. There aren't any pics OF the play, since there was no flash photography, but there are pics of players getting ready and lots of pics of L and her friends.

Take care all ...

I will try to post more often so my posts don't become books. I've heard from a few people that they are just too long. I'm sorry :-( ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa, so great to hear from you, it seems like you are doing really well! One thing that I have noticed is that none of your posts talk about your weight, health or fitness, you must be in a really happy place! Oh and one other thing, please write as much as you like, no complaints here from me in regards to the lenght of your posts, I love reading them, they suck me in! BTW, thanks for visiting my post, just the kick along I needed, will post soon!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home