Thursday, March 15, 2007

Feets Unite!

Donna has a photo challenge just about every week. Every week there is a different theme. This week it is feet. The only rule is that you have to be in the process of adoption. I'm not in the process of adoption, but I am an adoptee, so I'm going to join in this week.



I was reunited with my birthbrother about 7 years ago. We were in a motel room one night when we first met and I happened to look down at his bare feet. I was amazed that his feet were identical to mine and my daughters. I took off my shoes, my daughter took of her shoes and we all compared feet. (If you're adopted, you don't find this strange at all, its neat to be able to share a feature with someone else for the first time.) My brothers wife took out the camera and started taking pictures of our feet. My brother titled this picture Feets Unite! so that's why my post is titled that.

Donna, I know its a little against the rules, but this one hit home for me. I also tried twice to post a comment, and it won't seem to post for me, sorry ;-( ...



3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Wow! Those are some very similar feeties!!!

:)

Donna

Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mom 2 six said...

What a great story !
Good idea to take the picture.

Friday, March 16, 2007 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Side by Side said...

I am an adoptee also....I was amazed to see that one of my daughters had the exact same toes I have.

I can totally relate to your story!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home