Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tin Roof ... RUSTY !!!

I had a friend since I was in the 2nd grade, she was in the first. We were good friends for many years through out school, but circumstances beyond our control made us drift apart.

We lived on separate ends of town our entire school years and tried to get together as much as we could, which was probably about 10 times a year. But we talked on the phone sometimes every night ... for hours on end. I remember one time while talking on the phone with her, I was taking a bath. We wondered what would happen if I dunked the phone under the water. Ummmm ... let me say that its not a very good idea.

Anyway, one time, around the 9th grade, I was looking through her record albums and I noticed a lot of B52's. I had never heard of them and I thought the way they dressed was funky, so I didn't take her word for it that they were a really good band.

Many years later, I started dancing every weekend at a night club. They played a song quite a few times, and I had no clue who sang it. A few years later, I found out it was the B52's. So now, everytime I hear this song, I think of my childhood friend and wish there was some way I could find her. This song goes out to her, where ever she is ... I think of you often.

Unfortunately, the quality of this video isn't very good, same with the other ones. I'm trying to find a different source. Enjoy ...




Oh yeah ... Tin Roof Rusty is what the blonde says at the end of the song. (Pop-up videos told me that, I thought it was "I'm real rusty" ... but I was wrong)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home